Thursday, February 15, 2007

Featured Etsy Shop: Jewelry by Tara

Today's featured shop is Jewelry by Tara


What made you start crafting/designing jewelry, and what was the first thing you remember making?

I have always been crafty, even as a child. The first thing I remember ever really designing from scratch was during 4th grade. Friendship pins were a big thing back then (giving away my age) anyway, I pulled apart safety pins with pliers and put beads on them. My relatives still have a lot of them today! I've dabbled in all types of crafts, crochet, knitting, floral arrangement, you name it, I've tried it. I've been designing jewelry for 7 years now. I just closed my own personal website to come over to Etsy and I have to add that I really enjoy the environment and different types of artists there.

What other jobs have you had in the past?

As for other jobs, I'm still a petsitter and I used to work in my husband's brokerage firm as the administrative assistant to the C.E.O.


What inspires you?

I'm constantly inspired by the seasons changing and all the beautiful bright colors I see. All of my designs are one of a kind because I always have new ideas and want to create a totally unique image based on my moods.

Tell us a little about yourself.

I consider myself a very liberal, artsy kinda gal. I have 2 children, 6 pets, and a husband who probably wants to move to a quieter house! I'm obsessed with antiques and I have an appraisal certificate. I hate the summer, love the snow, pink is always in, Hello Kitty is my favorite icon of style, and I'm originally from New York City.


Is there a art/craft that you admire and hope to learn someday?

Lately I've really wanted to try sewing. I see all of these beautiful bags on etsy and I want them all! So I'm definitely thinking about getting a sewing machine soon.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing, I like her work!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to post about another artist's work! VERY thoughtful! Her Jewelry is beautiful as well! Thank you for sharing it with us!

groovyinclinations said...

Great post...sweet of you to feature others :)

mwilson.etsy.com