Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back in the groove!


Calm Down (click to buy)


Sunflower ACEO SOLD

Today's daily paintings, yes, I accomplished a few things today! Finally starting to feel like I'm getting back into the groove. The top two paintings are H2O oils on my handmade recycled canvas boards, 8 inches square. The bottom painting is an H2O oils ACEO (2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches) on acid free matboard. They are available in my Etsy shop.

I'm getting started on a totally new project today, recycling an old guitar as a painting surface. It will be nothing but decorative as the guitar is unplayable. My husband saved it from the trash for me. I sanded it down over the weekend and applied a coat of gesso today. I hope to start painting it tomorrow. I will post some progress photos once I get going. Not sure yet if it will be available for sale, depends on whether my hubby likes it or not! I do have another recycled guitar to paint after this one though.

It's starting to warm up here finally! Although we are supposed to be getting hit with another cold front this weekend. Spring needs to hurry up and get here already!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL work as always! I can't wait to see the Guitar! When you are done will you take a picture of it and post it on here for us to see? Anyhoo...Your use of color is wonderful! I LOVE IT!

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Thanks Angela, I will most definitely post photos of the guitar! I started painting background colors today, but as soon as I have something more exciting to show I will take pictures, probably tomorrow.

Thanks again for your nice comments, you always make my day! :)