Sunday, July 24, 2005

What to write?

It's funny how hard a time I'm having coming up with blog ideas. I usually write in my journal several times a week and I thought blogging would be easy. I find myself coming up with ideas to write about, then I end up wondering if I should reveal so much about myself.
That was the main idea of the blog in the first place, wasn't it? To reveal a bit of myself to people who may be curious to know more. The dilema is how much. All? Why not, right? It is proving to be much harder than I expected. At the same time, I already put my heart and soul out there every time I show a new painting or drawing. Why should words be any harder?
Because I'm not a verbal person, I'm visual.
However, I believe the story behind the art is just as important as the art itself. The art brings you in at first, but the story keeps you coming back to see what's new. Personally, when I am attracted to a certain artist's work, I like to find out as much as possible about that artist's life. Usually by reading biographies or autobiographies (or blogs!). I feel more connected to the art.
Not that I have an extra exciting story to tell, my life has shaped who I am though, so maybe it is important.

No comments: