Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Another week already!

Dreamscapes #2, 20 x 20" oil painting on canvas

Sheesh! I've been so busy, I let another week slip by without a blog post. I'm working on new needlepoint designs that I can't share until they've been released to the public. However I do have a couple of photos to share. The first is my latest Dreamscape painting.



The other two are photos of a found art painted rock(what does she actually call them?) by Jafabrit that I was able to aquire all the way out here in New Mexico! Long story short, one of the Jafagirls has a gallery here in Albuquerque(Dreamscapes) and she gave it to me at her First Friday show last week. Jafabrit wanted me to post photos so she could see which one I got.




In other news, I'm planning to move my studio yet again, hopefully for the last time for awhile! Previously mentioned gallery, Dreamscapes, also rents studio space so that's where I'm going. It is actually only two blocks away from my current studio, still on 5th street. I'm excited as it is a very nice place and Jan, the owner, is a wonderfully nice lady!



Oh and in case I don't get back to post another blog before this weekend, my husband Aaron is playing a gig here in Albuquerque on Sunday afternoon at the Market Cafe located on the corner of Corrales Rd. and Alameda Rd. He plays from 12 to 2pm. So, if you are in the area, come out and enjoy some great guitar music and a yummy lunch!

6 comments:

jafabrit said...

It is so weird seeing my nazar bonjuk stone on your blog LOL! weird in a nice way.

All the best in your new art studio :)

jafabrit said...

oh,this is too cool, your work is called dreamscapes :)

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Nazar Bonjuk, huh? What's that mean? I know it is weird that I would have one of your found art rocks all the way out here in NM. Very cool!

Funny how my newest series is called Dreamscapes! I didn't even snap to the coincidence until after I went to Jan's gallery on Friday night! It must have been a premonition that I knew I would be there in the future!

jafabrit said...

nazar bonjuk means "evil eye" charm in Turkish :)

Yes, I think you being in Jan's gallery is meant to be.

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

So does that mean it will protect me from the "evil eye"?? Cool!

jafabrit said...

Yes, an amulet, a good luck symbol.

May this be the start of a new adventure for you at Dreamscapes :)