Thursday, April 05, 2007

Today's Daily Journal Painting


It has been over a week since I've painted a daily journal painting. Spring break and other things have prevented it, but it sure feels great to get back to painting! I have actually been painting all week, however it has been furniture painting, so it doesn't count. . . . . . . . really? Maybe a little! Actually, I'm using some of my designs on the furniture, so I it's more functional art than painted furniture. I will post photos once I finish.
I am in a red and yellow mood this week, feeling really happy and content with everything. I had some odd dreams last night, don't usually remember my dreams, these woke me up and I had a hard time going back to sleep. So, I've been thinking about dreams all day, hence the name of this painting. :) Available in my Etsy shop as always!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a bright lovely painting that is girl! I LOVE IT! I'm painting some Jewlry boxes and things. I think Furniture counts. Art is art! YOU GOOOO!

Philip said...

I like the inclusion of geometric shapes on this one. I remember most of my dreams by the way. They are almost always very strange and puzzling!

Cynthia said...

What..."furniture painting doesn't count????" Of course it does!

Red and yellow, 2 of my favorite colors!!!

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Thanks for the comments! You're right, furniture does count, it is different though!

I wish I could remember more dreams, I almost always remember the nightmares!

I am really in a red and yellow mood these days! Great combo, don't you think?

Mary Timme said...

Hurrah! You are grounded again and going forward. The idea of your designs on furniture is intriguing. Can't wait to see.

Mary said...

Paula, beautiful design to open up to this morning. Sorry I haven't been blogging lately but I will be very active from now on.