Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Unfinished portrait


Today I'm working on a portrait that I started at least a year ago. To be completely honest, I don't remember when I started it. It was meant to be a gift for my mother in law and since today is her birthday, I decided to try finishing it up so I can give it to her.....FINALLY!! This is a portrait of one of my nieces. I have already given my mother in law portraits of my other niece and my two nephews. Now, of course, I have a new niece who just turned one, so I'm a little behind! Anyway, I guess it's better late than never! This started as a watercolor, but I decided to finish it with my new favorite...H2O oils.

In other news, I have to take my youngest son to the Dr. for an ultrasound today. He has a lump in his left breast that is most likely a cist, but the Dr. wants to be sure. So....keep some positive thoughts going for him please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!You did a wonderful job! Don't feel bad Paula about being behind. I always start paintings,put them aside and finish them later. Your not alone.
I do hope that everything works out ok with your son. Please keep me up to date on that. :)

Cynthia said...

The portrait is coming along nicely, Paula! I have 2 paintings sitting on my easel that I started almost one year ago to the date. I might try my new h20 oils on them to see how they feel. Thanks for the advice.

I'll keep your son and you in my thoughts today.

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Thanks Angela and Cynthia!

My son's appt. ended up having to be rescheduled because their equipment went down. Now we're going back on Tuesday. UUGGHH, I hate having to wait longer to find out he's fine! Don't they know I've already worried myself to death with this?