Friday, January 19, 2007

All over the place

I am all over the place this week. Portrait on Wednesday, painting furniture on Thursday and back to canvas on Friday!

This is a photo of a new project I'm working on. It's a handmade, handpainted table. My husband cut the top and attached the legs for me. I started with gesso and then painted with my H2O oils. I still have to varnish it, waiting to make sure it's completely dry. I've always wanted to make some functional art and when we found some used table legs for a dollar at Goodwill I decided there was no better time. This will be going into my Etsy shop once it's finished.


I received an email from a gallery owner in Gallup that saw my work at the NM State fair. He is reopening his gallery in March(after renovations) and wants me to show my work for the Grand opening. He's even going to put us up in a hotel for the night! I will post more information once I know all the particulars. My hubby will be playing his guitar for opening night. So, if you just happen to be in Gallup, NM on March 10th, I hope to see you there!

No comments: