Friday, October 20, 2006

Busy day yesterday

Yesterday was a busy day and I never got around to my daily painting. I had to work on the portrait commission, plus I have a large order for mats to get out. I will do a daily journal painting today and post it later this afternoon, I may even post a progress pic of the portrait I'm working on.
Tonight is open studios night at the Harwood Art center where I used to have a studio. I love to go check out all the new art, even though I no longer work there. I still have a couple of artist friends with studios in the building. I often think of moving back there, I miss the atmosphere in the building. The knowledge that art is being made all around me is a great inspiration. Plus it's nice to take a break every once in a while and talk art with other artists. Working at home has it's advantages of course, like no commuting to work, I can paint any time of the day, and I'm here when my boys get home from school. Then there are the disadvantages, housework distractions, phone call distractions, family distractions, distractions, distractions, distractions! And the biggest one of all, the feeling of isolation from the outside world. Luckily, I have the internet to help with that one! Plus there is always open studio night to go hang out with my artist friends in real life.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today! I will be back later to post photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...I miss being at the Art Student's League, but it's also a relief to be home. If you're like me, we're always multi-tasking which is both good and bad, I can get side tracked easily! Have fun...I'm chaperoning a field trip today.

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Cynthia,
Field trips are always fun! I know what you mean about multi-tasking!Cutemama,
You crack me up! You are so right about the toilet!

Thanks for commenting!

:)