Thursday, June 08, 2006

Lazy Days

I am enjoying vacation time. Yesterday was Aaron's birthday, Saturday is our anniversary. 9 years of great memories. We usually take a trip at this time of year, but Nathan had to go to summer school, so we couldn't go anywhere. Maybe later in the summer. I really want to go down to Mexico to meet the Mata Ortiz potters. I sold a bunch of my pottery prints to go into the museum down there and was invited to go down for a visit. I would love to see how the pottery is made and watch the artists paint the wonderful designs. One of my dreams is to learn how to make my own pottery.

I have been doing a little bit of work here and there. I finally cleaned up the studio. We had a huge dust storm a few weeks back and I never did get around to cleaning up after it. Until this week! So, my plans are to get back into the studio and paint! I have one painting started right now, I need to stretch some more canvas before I can do more.

It has been unbelievably hot here recently. I think that is the main reason I'm having trouble wanting to work. Of course, our swamp cooler isn't working right now!

Over all, I have decided that I need the vacation time to recharge. I am catching up on my reading. We went to the library yesterday to pick up more books. I'm reading about Leonardo da Vinci right now. In fact, I think I'll get back to that!

No comments: