Tuesday, May 02, 2006

One down, two to go!

Yesterday my oldest son moved out of our house, for the second time. He is 20 now so it's good that he is on his own. Hopefully this time he can keep up with his bills so he won't have to move back again. Yesterday was quite a day. Bryan was supposed to have packed everything on Sunday, actually, he had 2 weeks to get packed! So, yesterday I had to help him pack AND help him move everything because Aaron and his brothers were at school. In the middle of the day I get a call from my youngest son's school. Nate was caught smoking with some friends so I had to go pick him up because he's been suspended for 3 days! Anyway, to make a long story short, I was ready to go off by the end of the day! Actually, I did go off! The good news is that Aaron came home from school around that time and he helped Bryan finish up while I went to a friend's house and chilled out.

Needless to say, I didn't get any work done yesterday! One of these days I hope to get a little time to myself so I can finish a painting that has been sitting on my drawing table for over a week. My goal when I moved the studio back to the house was to paint daily. That still isn't happening, but I'm getting closer. The new fad with artists online these days is the painting a day blogs. I like the idea, but I don't know if I will ever get there. I won't give up trying though!

Maybe next week!

Today is my day to take my great Aunt for an outing. I just love spending time with her. She's so feisty and full of life, it's hard to believe she's almost 90 at times! It makes me happy to take her on outings, because it makes her so happy. She says I'm good to her, how can I not be? It makes me feel good to make her happy.

So, tomorrow I will get back to work. Today should be a great day!

No comments: