Wednesday, April 26, 2006

busy, busy, busy!

Sorry about the gap in postings. I am trying to keep my posting to at least two per week. Not always as easy as it seems. I'm up to my neck in office/computer work this week. Trying to get caught up with website updates and eBay store listings. The whole idea of doing it all myself is getting really old! The problem is, as always, having the money to pay someone else to do things for me. I guess until I win the lottery or some such thing, I'm on my own! So, please forgive me if my updates aren't as often as they should be, and my new paintings don't come pouring off the drawing table as much as I would like. I'm a one woman operation here! (Don't even get me started on the fact that I'm trying to work around 2 teenagers who seem to think I am here to be at their beck and call 24/7!)

Up until last week, I was having a very difficult time keeping track of all the tasks I have to do. Until last week, I was struggling to remember what, when, where, etc, etc. So, I spent a majority of last week, cleaning, organizing and making lists. Now I believe I can hold my head above the water and actually feel like I'm making progress. If only I can keep it this way! I still have a ways to go to be totally caught up. Of course, by the time I do get caught up, it will be time for another website update, etc, etc.

Am I whining? I apologize. I truly love my job! (This is where most of my family members say, "You got a job??!!") Perhaps that is part of my problem, I look at my art as a job now. Seriously, I believe it has to be treated as a job or all I would ever do is paint! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I still have to make a living too. However, when I start getting people signing my guestbook and saying I need to update my site, it's seriously time to get down to business! So, on that note, I'd better get busy!

No comments: