Friday, December 09, 2005

Happy Holidays!

It's that time of year again! There never seems to be enough time to get everything done. I like to complain about time or the shortage of it I've noticed! I wish I could clone myself! Then someone else could perform all the daily mundane tasks that I hate so much. We did finally get our Christmas tree up last week, but I still have to wrap the presents to put under it. Then there are the dishes and housecleaning that keeps piling up on me.

Fortunately, I did finally get some painting time in this week, may even finish a painting by the end of today. I am revisiting the rock landscape series. It has been too long since I worked on them. I love my rocks! People must think I'm nuts! I have my grandmother to thank for the love of rocks. She started me collecting them when I was only 5 or 6 years old.

In other news, my eldest son is moving back in with us! I must admit I am much happier about this than I first thought I might be. He is 19, almost 20 and he spent the last 5 months in his own apartment doing quite well if I say so myself! Until last week when he lost his job. He's going back to school in January, so he's coming home! It was 3 years to the day that he left to live with his dad in Arkansas! It is nice this time though, because he has done A LOT of growing up since then. Another plus, he's already found a new job.

So it's shaping up to be a great Christmas with all three of my boys being here with us! In case I don't get back here before then, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

No comments: