Thursday, June 16, 2005

Why Sell on Ebay?

I have heard it said that selling Art on Ebay is bad for your career. I do not see it that way.

The internet is here to stay and Ebay is a huge part of the market online. It only continues to grow. My favorite part is the ability for an artist to represent themselves. I will admit, I am a bit of a control freak (it's the scorpio in me) , but nothing beats direct contact with collectors. I get to meet and in some cases know the people who hang my art on their walls. They get to know me, the artist, which is more valuable in a world of Walmart superstores. There is a person behind the art. In all my years as an artist, this is what people want when they buy art. Not just something to hang on their walls, but a story, a conversation piece.

Representing myself on Ebay allows me that connection with my collectors.

That's why I sell on Ebay.

No comments: