Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life really does go on

So, a couple of days ago I started what I think will be my last grief painting. It's called "Life Goes On" and I can't believe how easily the ideas have flowed for this one. Yesterday was my second day working on it and it also ended up being the first day that I felt almost normal again. I did think about dad a couple of times, but I didn't cry or tear up, I smiled. I will post a photo of the new painting once I finish it.

Yesterday, I went to the dedication of a public art project that my artist friend, Vashti, worked on. The project was three worm composting benches that were painted for a comminity garden. She worked with kids from a local community center and also had some high school students helping out. It was so refreshing to see the kids all happy and excited about going to see their work in the garden.

Another event that has me excited is a group art show, Porque Burque, over at VERB Collective here in Albuquerque. The opening is Friday night from 5-8:30pm. Check out the link for more info. It is a show of members of the Duke City Fix website. I have two pieces in the show and my hubby Aaron will be opening up the night with a set of his guitar music. There are also four other Chroma Studio artists participating.(Vashti Gamble, Josephine Brionez de Flores, Barak Naggan, and Terri Hansen)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) I can't wait to see your new work!
I posted about you on my blog. :)
Let me know what you think! Life does go on. :) I bet your dad would smile right back at you! :)