Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Progress at last!

Click on the image to see it larger

Finally, the progress pic I've been promising. This one is going to take a while! Don't know if I said before, this is a 20 inch square canvas, oil painting. I haven't done a large size painting in some time. I love painting the small daily canvases but, the large ones can have so much more detail! I'm a little obsessive about detail, in case you haven't noticed. The detail is where I get lost in the painting zone. My favorite part about painting!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Your detail is magnificent Paula. This looks like a finished piece to me, I can hardly wait to see what else you are going to do.

jafabrit said...

yes, it is the detail I like to see in your work. this is really nice. Ps. enjoyed the cool link below.

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Thanks Mary and Jafa!

I can hardly wait to get back into the studio to work on this!

Cynthia said...

The detail is wonderful...and I can't wait to see the finished painting! I know what you mean about getting lost in the detail...it happened to me yesterday!

I'm so used to working small now, that going larger seems like such a time committment.