Monday, May 15, 2006

newsletter coming back

I just realized it's been over a week since I wrote here. I am busily putting together my first newsletter in over three years. Anyone who has been on my mailing list for that long may remember that once upon a time I sent out a print newsletter every three months. I couldn't tell you now what caused me to stop. I'm sure there was a valid reason years ago, but now, time has just gotten away from me and it has been way too long. I am still trying to decide how to send the newsletter. Most probably it will go out by email now. So, I hope that by this time next week I will have it complete and ready to send out.

I had an ok Mother's day yesterday. My two youngest sons wished me a happy mother's day and even gave me hugs!!! (gasp! hugs from teenage boys!!!) My wish for mother's day was to go on an all day hike in the Sandias, but alas it was not to be! The hiking trails were all closed because of high fire danger! I just want to hike, not start a forest fire. Oh well, it has been raining a little today, so with any luck the trails will be open again soon. We are so far behind in rainfall this year it is a little scary. Anyway, so after the failed hike attempt, we went by my mom's house and wished her a happy day, I gave her my "Two hearts are One" painting. She seemed to like it. Tonight, my oldest son and his girlfriend are taking me out to dinner for Mom's day. He had to work yesterday so it had to be pushed back a day.

So, I guess I'd better get busy with that newsletter! I will put all the art news in the newsletter, so I hate to repeat things here that will be in the newsletter.

Happy Monday!!

No comments: